Friday, May 9, 2008

A Swing & Some Patty Cake

John's cousin's daughter had her second birthday party last Sunday. It was such a beautiful day, we were outside most of the time. They have a swing set, so Julia got to try that for the first time.

You can't see her, but she's smiling at Grandma Marlene.


Higher, Daddy, higher! What a cute smile! She would close her eyes when it went fast.


Her expressions crack me up sometimes. That little sideways look... what is she thinking? I often wonder.

Julia's favorite game with Grandma is patty cake. She always has big smiles when you do it with her. She can even bring her hands together herself if no one's paying attention, but when you draw attention to it, or try to get her to do it for someone, she just smiles and looks at you. Goofball. But I do catch her doing it when no one is around. It's adorable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a beautiful day for a party. I couldn't help but notice how green everything is in these pics! It's great isn't it? Julia looks so cute in these pics with her hat on! We'll have to make a zoo trip this summer (this time with our girls!)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Thanks for the smiles and hey.....it's my birthday, and I have to run to work.....Yuck....Glad I check here before I leave! :-) Happy Mothers day Jess, a day early!! :-) Kiss Julia for me!

Bud & Mary said...

Great Pics as usual, but how could they not be with Julia as the center??
Love Ya! AND yes..
Happy Mom's day..

Bud & Mary said...

HAPPY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY!

LOVE YA...

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0