Monday, May 19, 2008

Hosta Highlights

On Saturday, Julia made her first trip over to my Aunt Kathy's house to see her gorgeous garden. It was so beautiful outside that I didn't want to sit in the house all day, and when I called to see what she was up to, I got three guesses...but I didn't need them. Since she was out in the yard, we stopped by for an impromptu photo session. (And came home with a few things to plant, naturally!) Kathy is most into daylilies and hostas, but the daylilies weren't blooming so we propped Jules up by a pretty hosta. We got a few shots before she started tearing into the one in front of her.

After that, I laid her down in the grass for a second so I could look at the pictures on my camera without her grabbing it. When I saw the look on her face, I realized that was the first time she'd ever felt grass. She made a funny face and stuck her legs straight out and lifted them up so they weren't touching. It was hilarious. By the time I got down to take the picture, she had all bare skin in the air and was giving me this look, wimpering, pleading with her eyes for me to rescue her. So, while she loves to be outside in the fresh air and pick flowers and leaves, she apparently does not love to roll in the grass. Maybe with some effort we can warm her up to it this summer.

These next pictures were a fluke, as the best ones often are. I set her in a wicker chair, and she looked so cute that we both started taking pictures. Then Kathy handed her this little baby hosta she had sitting there. Adorable! We didn't really get any big smiles because she was sleepy, but those serious looks are to die for, too! I was telling Kathy how I thought these would look good in sepia (like black and white, but with shades of brown). She discovered she had that setting on her camera and didn't know it. The last picture here is one she took in sepia. Love it! Why isn't this child on a magazine cover yet?






(A thought... I am going to spend a fortune on prints in my lifetime.)


2 comments:

Brian M. Gulley said...

she so cute!! I am the Godfather right! Cuz a I could make you an offer you can't refuse. Ya am about $50 from paying for my tickets. everything after that will go towards meals, the van, and anything else i may need while there.

Anonymous said...

You took great picture's too Jess.....I think it IS in our blood from grandpa for sure!! LOL Yes, I have to say I had a great time! Please come more often.....I'd say at least every two weeks, and when things start blooming, once a week!! I love sharing my plants.....you need to get that bed going.....I have to say I have printed out a few pictures from that day myself, to show around.....

Hugs to you both!! :-)

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0