Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Flashback

2 days old
2 1/2 months old

This makes me cry. Look how much she has changed already. What happened to my newborn? How will I ever be able to handle all the changes that are in store for her for the rest of her life? Yes, I love this new person she's becoming, but the sense of loss for what has passed so fast is undeniable. It's like I miss her even though she's still here. Such unexpected emotion involved with being a mother. I know without a doubt that this will be the hardest, most wonderful thing I ever do. In truth, it already is.

3 comments:

Bud & Mary said...

What a beauty our Julia is!
Ahhh yes I remember those same feelings with your dad, Kathy, Becky and even my grandkids...

I look at each of you now and miss and wonder where did that wonderful, sweet smelling, soft, funny, cute baby go. And yet the hugs are bigger now and etc.etc.etc.

Love Ya Jess, & Mommies run a gammet (sp) of feelings and emotions and it never seems to stop... Pop in we'll talk sometime.. LOL :-)
50 some years ago, seems like yesterday at times.

Sam and Jen said...

Awwww! So sweet!

Sarah V said...

I am going through the same thing. I held a little two month old a couple of weeks ago and almost cried because Miles is already in such a different stage. The other baby looked so sweet and little.

Everyone laughs at me that I'm going to end up with like 10 kids because I can't handle Miles growing up. He's not even a year yet and I'm mourning his babyhood!

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0