Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's a Miracle! (And that's no exaggeration!)

Hallelujah! After a serious amount of prayer and two wonderful grandmas that wouldn't give up, my baby girl is taking a bottle! If you haven't been aware of this drama, Julia decided when she was about a month and a half old that she didn't like bottles and was not going to be peaceably fed from one. As a newborn, she had no problem, but I guess I didn't make her take one enough because she hit a point where she said, "No more!" I've really been stressing over this because I go to work three days a week for four hours, and she was being a monster for the babysitter. They would struggle for an hour just to get a couple ounces in her. I bought bottles, my Mom bought bottles, Marlene bought bottles, and none of them worked. Then, last week, Marlene showed up to babysit with yet another new bottle. It is a Playtex, which we've had before, but this one came with a latex nipple. LATEX. I should have thought of this. It is so much softer than those icky silicone ones. Sure, they have to be replaced often, but whatever! If the milk is warm enough, she sucks it down just like her yummy Mommy! It's an absolute miracle. I had honestly given up and resigned myself to the fact that I just was not going to be able to leave her for longer than four hours until she was weaned! Seriously! This is such a relief. Not only for me, but for the poor babysitters that were subjected to the bottle torture. Praise God!

Gerber, Evenflow, Nuk, Playtex - We tried them all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yipppeeee!! Kiss that precious baby for me!! That is a relief!! Way to go!!!:-)

Bud & Mary said...

Wow! Another Strong Minded Woman... But so are the rest of the clan... hahaha
And the BIG ladies won! Good thing...

Someone forgot to tell you IFFF she got hungry enough, she just may have given in sooner... but then again... maybe not.

Oh how I love your Blog and keeping up with this wonderful little baby and you... YOU too had a tough spirit as a wee one. I do have some tapes of fit throwing I think.. Will have to hunt them up.
Love ya...

Anonymous said...

So what your saying is she didn't like my shower gift! Mommy picked them out Julia, I just got them off the registry. Ha! Ha!

Jessica said...

Nope, they were a no go. But I thought maybe since the Ventaire and Drop-Ins are both Playtex, I can use the latex nipples on the Ventaire bottles. The only thing is, she's drinking my frozen milk so it's easier to pop the bag in the bottle made for liners. We'll see though.

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0