Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Last Page

The last page of the "Family of Three" chapter of our lives, that is. Ten days after these pics were taken, we began a new chapter as a family of four, and Julia took on her new role as a big sister, ending her days as an only child. But Julia, no matter what happens, you will always be my first, and hold a special place in my heart for that. No matter how many babies God blesses us with, I will never run out of snuggles for you! You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine, and you'll never know how much I love you!




Looks like a sweet kandid moment, right? Too bad she's smiling because she is pinching me! Stinker. :)




Again with the pinching.
And just so you know, belly buttons that pop out expose a very sensitive bit of skin. That's okay though, I'm a mom, I'm tough, I can take it.


What secret is she telling? I can't pretend to know. But I'm sure it will not be the last time these girls plot something in secret.

3 comments:

Bud & Mary said...

Tears to the eyes today.... as I read your post.
"You Are My sunshine" is one of the few things I remember about the mom I lost so early on, your great grandma "Babe," Jessica. It was a FAVORITE song of hers.. my oh my!

And your line about 1st babies... how true! Each child has a special special place in our hearts and lives no matter their position of birth..
I love you girl! and your girls...

Bud & Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Awww... that is neat to know that about your Mom. That's the song I've sung to Julia since she was born. She can sing along pretty well now. And I call her my sunshine all the time.

And yes, Julia will always be my only first. As much as i love my Jenna Hope, it's not quite the same as with the first. I sooo want Julia to know that I love her so much and she will never be replaced. I steal one-on-one moments with her whenever I can!

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0