Friday, January 8, 2010

Birth Day

Here are some pictures from Jenna's big day. I'm working on typing a big long narrative of the full events of the day, which I will post with a disclaimer, should you choose to read it. We'll call this the rated G version.

One last pregnant picture, in the waiting room at the hospital.

We had to wait a couple hours to get a room. So I patienting walked the small circle in the waiting room, and even pushed John around in a wheelchair for a while. Boy, he's got it rough.

John sleeping.

John still sleeping.


Botched IV #1. There were 3 before the 4th was a charm.


John eating breakfast. (Yes, I was starving and not allowed to eat, thanks for asking)


John calling our moms at 8 am.


This picture says it all. Taken about a minute after Jenna popped out.
Jessica: Wow, it's over, and I'm not dead. Did I really just do that without any drugs? Go me!
My mom: ??? You'll have to ask her what she was thinking, but I'm sure that she was equally as grateful to be alive, that she didn't have a heart attack.


Poor Jenna. The cord was wrapped around her neck, so they took her over to her little area to check her out instead of plopping her on my chest for a minute like they did with Julia. John didn't get to cut the cord, either, the Dr did it before I had even delivered her body. John said it was pretty scary, that she looked purple. I was still having my out of body birth experience, trying with everything I had not to push her out, because they said it was dangerous until they got the cord off. So I kinda only halfway knew what was going on. But... she broke free of her chains and after they suctioned her and made sure she was breathing all right, then I got to hold her and nurse her.


My first pic with my beautiful girl. I actually had no idea how much black hair she had until I was in recovery, because they'd already put the hat on when they gave her to me.


Daddy's first pic with Jenna Hope.
Julia is pretty much a mommy's girl, despite looking so much like John. Maybe Jenna will get him wrapped around her finger!


Kisses!


I think this one is funny because it is identical to one that we took with Julia. Check out the side bar.
Here are the stats:
Jenna Hope Mehok
born on December 16, 2009 at 1:21 pm
8 pounds 1 ounce
21 inches long
December 16 is also my Grandma Hankla's birthday! Happy birthday, Grandma!


2 comments:

Powell Family said...

pretty close to the same pic! i love the way she's looking up at you! momma's girl already if you ask me. sorry john better luck next time.

The Sandoval Family said...

She's so adorable...can't believe that hair!!! I finally have a friend that gets to join my "No drugs during child birth" club. Yay us!!!! Congrats again!

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0