Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jeeping & Camping: Group Shots



Yep, I'm finally posting! Our trip to Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky was June 11-16. My sister Kristen came with us, her first Jeeping experience! We tent camped at a beautiful campground and had decent weather. Since there are so many pictures that I feel I must post, I'm going to do several separate entries by topic. As titled, these are some group shots.



On our first, full, no-travelling day there we stopped at a picnic spot while we were out exploring the area. It was John's idea to put the camera on the picnic table and set the timer to get us all in the picture. I love how it turned out!



We believe this may have been when we encountered the chiggers. Nightmarish things, they are, if you've never experienced them. They leave you with something similar to a mosquito bite, only in the worst places. They look for hot places where your clothing is tight, like under your waistband or inside your shoes. You get the idea. And they last much longer than mosquito bites. I still have marks from mine and it's been a month. I think I counted 63 on my body the day after we came home. Yeah, yikes!





Kristen stuck the camera out and took this one when we were piled in the Jeep.



Our little family on the lake.




This was the night before we left, posing by the muddy Jeep.

No comments:

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0