Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jeeping & Camping: Father's Day

Happy first father's Day John! On behalf of the baby girl, I'd like to write a tribute.

"My Favorite Things to Do With You, Daddy"
By Julia Faith
Sleep in late.
Go for long walks on the bike trail.
Play video games.
Say "da da" all day instead of "ma ma" to torment Mommy.
Eat whatever you will feed me.
Poop while Mommy's gone so you have to change me.
Work in the garage.
Watch football in "the position" on the couch.
Ride in the Jeep.

Thank you Daddy for including me in all the things you do, even though I'm small and even though I'm a girl. I know you love me because of all the time you spend with me. I can't wait to be bigger so I can do even more with you and learn everything you know. I love you!



We celebrated John's first Father's Day while we were on our trip, and I know there's no place he would have rather been! That morning I made him Mickey Mouse pancakes, per his request. That was my first attempt, but I'm proud of it, lopsided ears and all. Julia smiled big for the camera, and then tried to grab the pancake, of course! I think she did end up getting a bite or two.

John, in his first moments as a Daddy.

You've come a long way since then, and I love the father you've become. I couldn't ask for more than you are, as a husband and a father. Happy Father's Day, you deserve it!

No comments:

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0