Monday, March 24, 2008

Water Park

Last week was Kristen's spring break, so my parents planned a trip to Shipshewana to stay at a new hotel with a little indoor water park. Julia and I tagged along of course! I wouldn't miss an opportunity to put the baby girl in a swim suit! Daddy had to work, sadly. We stayed two nights and spent some time each day in the water. We also went shopping one day. The flea market was closed, but there were lots of shops open in town. Mommy did good, she didn't buy much.




Here she is, all dressed and ready for the pool. Yes, the sunglasses match. Ridiculous, I know!


Posing with Nana. It's funny, the lens on the camera fogged up when we first got to the water room because it was so warm and humid.





Two beautiful chicas. Julia loves her Aunt Kristen!



Julia wasn't too sure at first. The water was heated, but not bathwater warm. She didn't like the chilliness, poor thing.


Julia's favorite thing to do was float around the lazy river on someone's lap. First mommy...



Then Nana...




Then Aunt Kristen.



We played a little in the super shallow kiddie area, but with all the kids running around she got splashed a lot so that didn't usually last long.



As soon as I had that towel wrapped around her, she was out!



The trip home was something else. I have never seen her so mad. After we had exhausted every toy option (and I brought a lot!), there was nothing that would make her stop. Finally I decided I would try to feed her, so we pulled over...

The instant she was out of that seat, all was well. (I love the way her hair is glowing in the sunlight!) Like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, I swear. She knows what she wants. I fed her, and then we were on the road again...



And on to screaming again! For those that ask me if she ever cries, here's the proof. She had us all ready to cry by the time we got home, and it wasn't even a long trip! Yikes, baby girl. It is ear piercing at point blank range, too. I bet Daddy sure was sad he missed this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a hoot!! LOL....LOL...Of course, I love the pictures....Great story telling with the ride....LOL.....I totally love that fuzzy head picture!! I am still laughing....LOL...

Give her kisses.....LOL....:-)

Anonymous said...

Grandpa had a wonderful time with Julia. On the shopping trip, I got to be the sitter and stoller pusher. Julia was fun to play with and spend that much time with her. She had a chance to get to know my face and voice. I'm looking farward to much more!!

The Sandoval Family said...

We're going there this weekend for Austin's 10th b-day. How did you guys like it?

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0