Friday, August 29, 2008

Standing Tall

I still remember the first time I thought to take Julia and stand her up next to the coffee table. I plopped her there, stood back, and got tears in my eyes. She just looked so big and so much older standing up, it was unreal. And now it's impossible to stop her. She pulls up on everything, grabs everything, and still eats everything. My living room looks so clean because I can't keep anything on the coffee table, end table, TV stand, or least of all, the floor. That's one way to declutter! (Of course there are dozens of toys scattered corner to corner, in a minefield of sorts.) In addition to standing, she even climbed some stairs on Wednesday. Jules always comes to Worship Team practice with me (us), and this week she was down in front, playing with toys, Auntie K, Missy, half the youth group, and anyone else who happened to wander past. (This is her usual routine, she likes to be the main 'dis'traction.) She was kinda fussy and kept trying to crawl up toward the musicians. Would you believe she actually made it up the five steps to the stage?! (With Missy watching her closely, thanks Mis!) It's good to know she acquired the skill without ever trying it because we don't have any stairs she can climb. I'll have to catch a video next week. Her tongue was out the whole way, very cute!

Waving hello to my peeps on the blog. One-handed, now that's talent!

I can even stand in the bathtub. That's means water on the floor, too! I am a master messmaker, you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!! I am waving back at ya Julia!! Hugs!! :-)

Bud & Mary said...

If John doesn't do the "tongue hanging out" thing she is a throw back to Great Grandpa Gulley when he is zeroed in/engrossed in something!!! LOL
Love the new stuff!

Bud & Mary said...

WELL now I tried getting on Powell's site and kept telling me my password was wrong... go figure!!! hmmm shouldn't it be the same??
Later Gramma

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0