Thursday, July 9, 2009

Different, I am

While so many of the entries I write on this blog concern current events for our little family, this post is a bit different. I have an issue that I simply cannot keep to myself. I suppose it's a blessing, really, and not so much an issue, but since I feel that I am so out of the ordinary in this, I must share. Here it is... I like being pregnant. I mean, I really like it. Don't get me wrong, I suffer from many of the common pregnancy ailments; fatigue, mood swings, heartburn, backaches, swelling, etc. But in spite of all that, I am just plain happier when I am pregnant than when I'm not. I am more motivated and more focused, and I honestly like the person I am when I'm pregnant better than who I am when I'm not. With my first pregnancy, I just considered myself blessed to have such a pleasant, textbook experience with no major problems and I didn't really think too much of it. I knew I was different when other women would share their horror stories and I had no such complaints. And when other expectant mothers would say how ready they were to get the baby out and just be done with it, I couldn't sympathize. Sure, I was big and swollen and uncomfortable, but there was so much I loved about having a child inside me that I knew I would miss it, and I wasn't anxious for it to end, even though I did look forward to meeting my daughter. So here we are, and I feel like round two is just beginning. Even though the halfway point of this pregnancy is fast approaching, I'm just beginning to truly feel pregnant. It's different this time, with a toddler in the house, because so much of my attention is on her instead of it all being on my changing body like it was last time. Maybe that's why it has snuck up on me this way. Regardless, I am remembering all over again just how much I enjoy this. And I can't help but wonder, does this make me weird, even a little bit? I already know it's out of the ordinary. I'm sure some medical expert out there would cite some hormonal balance/imbalance as the explanation, but I have trouble with that theory. If hormones are to blame, then that would mean most women who have balanced hormones suffer negative affects when they become pregnant and their hormones become imbalanced. So...if I feel so much better when my pregnancy hormones spike, does that mean I'm all hormonally imbalanced when I'm not pregnant? Yes, there must be something wrong with me. :) Or, I'm just reading too much into this like I tend to do most things. In any case, I feel good right now. And lucky for me I have such a down to earth, practical husband, because otherwise I'd probably end up with 18 kids and my own show on TLC, just because I want to keep these good feelings coming. Somehow though, I don't see John being willing to go that far. Hmmm...I wonder how many I can talk him into...?

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Well, I kinda remember being pg....I was like most, I guess....I liked it till the end and could not wait for the baby to be born.....LOL....I was fat and swelled.....Yep, your different...LOL....Love ya!!!

Pssst.....Kathleen is a pretty name, isn't it? LOL...LOL....Hugs!!

Bud & Mary said...

Hey there girl, your grandma here had the same thing... Felt better pregnant than most anytime in life.
Couldn't wait till they got here, and to see the amazing little people, and how different they were. Such fun, Such responsiblility, but I think you will always do well..

NOOOO sorry NOT Kathleen, this time it's a boy right??? hahaha

Powell Family said...

I was a very happy pregnant too...somehow it's not motivating me to have 16 though!

Jessica said...

LOL, me neither! But I'm sure you could handle two right...hint hint...wink wink. :)

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0