Thursday, July 23, 2009

Motorcycle Memories

My Grandpa Gulley was able to come to the church picnic, having just gotten back in town after a motorcycle trip. He walked off with Julia to see the bike and I dashed off to grab my camera. As I caught up with them, I got this cute photo...

He said she was jabbering something incomprehensible until she spotted the motorcycle. Then she started saying "Bok! Bok!" (pronounced like Bach, the composer) That's her word for bike, motorcycle or bicycle. She absolutely loves motorcycles!



He showed her how to push the button for the horn. It scared her at first, but then she liked it. She pushed every button she could reach, and there were plenty!


She wasn't feeling very smiley, I guess. Oh, the many moods of a toddler. She was having a great time, but would not give me a smile for anything.

I remember a baby girl that would crack up if I so much as looked at her the right way.
Hmmm... I also remember putting that baby girl on Grandpa's motorcycle about this time last year...


July 4, 2008

Awww...gotta love a trip down memory lane every so often.
I just can't dwell there, otherwise I get too sad thinking about how fast the days go by. My baby is a little girl. *sigh*

Even as I sit here typing, I can feel those tiny flutters deep in my belly, reminding me that all too soon I will be starting this journey all over again with another sweet baby. I'm afraid my heart may burst. It can hardly contain the love I have for my first child, and I know I already have just as much love for the second. That must be why the tears are flowing now. Such an overflow of love has to manifest itself somehow.

Words fail me now.

Blessed.

So blessed.

I am just so inconceivably blessed.

3 comments:

Bud & Mary said...

Ahhhh Like we were blessed to have YOU!
And now you know the feeling...
It goes on & On from our kids, to our grandkids and great grandkids and how wonderful to share in each stage of their lives...

Ya brought a tear this morning Jess! yup ya did!

Remembering all the rides on lawnmowers, or motorcycles for ALL the kids!!

Anonymous said...

Those feelings are almost as clear for me as yours on the computer. It seemed impossible that I could love another the way I loved the first. And thats the cool thing. You don't. Since love grows, it is constantly multiplying and changing. And our love for each one is specially formulated per individual. That is the absolute beauty and miracle of it all. I pray God multiplies your time as well, so you can continue your blog. It is a beautiful thing.
love you
becky

Aunt Kathy said...

Another awwwww from me Jessica!!!! She is something else!! I love the difference in the pictures, and that one of her and dad/grandpa!

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0