Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Sweetest

Roof day also happened to be Sweetest Day. Now, Sweetest Day is a Hallmark holiday, that much is understood by both my husband and I. It is not something we observe. I wouldn't have even remembered it if I hadn't been at the hallmark store anyway getting a baby card and a birthday card. But since I was there, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get my man a card. I did it because I love him, but I was fully expecting nothing in return, least of all, more than I put out. But, come Friday night, in walks my husband, returning from work with yellow roses and taffy apples, two of my favorites. Needless to say, my card paled in comparison. Now, I could care less about Sweetest Day, but as for My Sweetest, I couldn't love him more.

3 comments:

Bud & Mary said...

Hmmmmm sooooo pretty is the rose, for "our girl" who's pretty inside and out!!!
Hope it smells good too.
And it's NOT the gift, it's just the remembering that is important.. and you both remembered! Even just "time" with a word of "I love ya" can suffice.
Love ya guys!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww........I must be getting really old, cause neither Jay or I got NOTHING!! Yikes!!! LOL...LOL....We forgot!! LOL...

Pretty rose.....and hey Jess....I love taffy apples, too.....LOL

Hugs!!

Powell Family said...

Ummm... is this the same John I know??? Only kidding John, love ya!

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0