Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Halloween

Better late than never, I say. Oh well. If you can't tell, Julia was a monkey for halloween. I wanted a costume that fit her personality, and she is certainly more of a monkey than anything else.

Playing on Nana's decorations.

Lifting pumpkins is serious work! That's one strong monkey.

John gave Julia this piece of licorice when we started out and she actually ate the whole thing. Of course it was a slimy, slobbery, mess by the end of it, but she had fun.

And they're off...pink princess trick or treat bucket courtesy of Grandma Marlene. Julia spent the morning with her and they went all over the place filling her bucket.

Posing with Pebbles. Kristen took Julia with her and her friend to go trick or treating. John just took her to a few houses at 5 and then he had to go to work. So Kristen took her, without a stroller, and they were gone a long time. I couldn't believe how good she said she was.

Now, when we were kids they were called candy cigarettes. Some even had paper wrapped around them and a powdery coating that puffed like smoke when you blew on them. I suppose that's no onger appropriate because the box these came in just said "Candy Sticks". We ate them as kids and I like to think we turned out okay. I've never had a desire to try a real cigarette. Anywho, I let her have it because it was one of the softer things I knew she could eat. This photo op was too hilarious, though. If I catch her like this in 15 years, watch out!


3 comments:

The Sandoval Family said...

Cute lil monkey Julia makes. I love Pebbles as well. What was John's costume??? A Griffith fan??
Miss u guys...

Anonymous said...

Hey.....someone actually has left that *Bears* sign up?? LOL.....

Cute Monkey for sure!!!

You always capture those looks, don't you? LOL

Thanks!! :-)

Sam and Jen said...

What a cute little monkey she was. The candy cigarette pic is hilarious!

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0