Thursday, February 14, 2008

Newborn Julia

Okay, John and I have been playing with the video camera because I have been feeling so so sad that we haven't taped Julia's first 4 months of life. I'm so scared I'll forget all the silly little things like the sounds she makes. So I made John get out the camera and teach me how to use it-recording, putting it on the computer, editing, etc. When I looked at the tape that was in it I discovered he had taken a few minutes of video at the hospital. There was a small part where he had a conversation with me that I have no recollection of because it was right before my "epidural man" arrived and I was pretty out of it. Then came the awesome part. He had taped her when he was carrying her to me from the area in the room that they cleaned her up in and checked her out right after she was born and then he taped me holding her and talking to her. She's only minutes old. I didn't remember him taking this at all. I'm so excited. This is just a little part of it, but you can see how totally alert she was and making the funniest faces. These are her first moments in the world, seeing her Daddy and Mommy's faces. (Scroll all the way down on this page to the music player and pause the song first.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, how cool! All I see is a still picture of her, but I will leave the room and let it load! I have GOT to get off this dial-up!!!
Kiss Julia for me!!

Bud & Mary said...

I DON'T SEE ANYWHERE TO PAUSE THAT REGULAR MUSIC DOWN BELOW.. WHAT AM I MISSING??? OR IS IT NOT SHOWING UP FOR ME??

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Also WHAT is that new OPENID and the pictures for here below where we sign in???

Bud & Mary said...

Never mind the old girl found the pause for the music... hahaha

and that was a short snipit of Julia for sure.

Jessica said...

The OpenID just lets you log in with a different account other than a Google account, AOL for example. You've already created a Google account though, so it's not really of any use to you probably. And yes, it's a short video. I was playing to make sure it works and also I knew those with slower connections would have to wait for it to load. And to let everyone know, that first comment is from Aunt Kathy, she used the name she posts with on her daughter's blog "mom", she's not my mom!

Anonymous said...

Oooooops.....I guess too many blogs....LOL....Wished I could post on Brians>....LOL

Bud & Mary said...

Kathy you should be able to post on Brian's blog too with your name and password from here... shouldn't be a problem..with the same user name and password, and IF you are signed in here, already, It should be even less problem, why did you say you couldn't sign in there? Mom..

Bud & Mary said...

JUST a question...
Some of us are still waiting for our baby pictures... hmmmmm What is the hold up???

catch ya later..

Anonymous said...

Mother, (gramma G) I do use the same name and password I do for Jay's niece, here, and Jennifer's blog.....even changed the password once to see if it worked then, and Brian's is the only one that still doesn't work....Makes me mad, but nothing I can do about it....that I know, anyway....I you should do what I did to get a picture of Julia....just GO get it....LOL

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0