Friday, November 30, 2007

Two months old!

Yep, my baby girl is two months old today. Somehow it feels like she's always been mine. Two months ago, I had a hard time seeing myself with a baby or being a mother, and now I can't imagine not having her! I'm sure that's God helping me through this transition, though. I've certainly been praying enough! Well, this two month birthday brought another doctor's appointment. She weighed in at 10 pounds, 12 ounces, and she's 23 1/2 inches long. She's at about the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th for height. So she's an average weight, just stretched out longer. Of course I could tell that by how her clothes fit. Most things are too short for her arms and legs. Long and lanky! She has moved up to a size 1 diaper and 0-3 month clothes. No more newborn sizes! It's bittersweet because while I'm so excited to see her grow and change, I'm sad to lose every stage that passes. I'm trying so hard to make the most of every day because she's passing milestones so fast. She is not the same baby I brought home from the hospital. She's awake a lot more during the day, and sleeps about 7 hours at night. Her neck is stronger and she will turn her head to watch you walk across the room. She smiles when you talk to her, and she "talks" back with these new adorable noises and cooing. I love her voice. She has put her hands to her mouth since birth, but now it seems like she can see her hand as it comes toward her face and she almost goes cross-eyed when she tries to keep watching it all the way to her mouth. It's hilarious. Of course I realize most of this probably isn't nearly as amazing to anyone else, but it is when it's your own child. Not only is it amazing, it's downright miraculous! Back to the doctor's appointment. Two months old also meant more shots. As expected, it was much more traumatic for Mommy. Julia got two shots in each leg and one vaccine was oral. She screamed while they stuck her, but she calmed down as soon as Daddy held her close. Then I nursed her right away and she was just fine. I've seen her cry longer and harder because she's hungry. We were warned to bring baby Tylenol, so she slept for about 3 hours after the appointment. Then she woke up happy. That's when I took the picture of her pretty band-aids. She's a "champ", as the doctor always says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is really growing....Love the picture's but I think she want one with Aunty Kathy....LOL...Hugs!

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0