Sunday, November 29, 2009

Joshua Charles Mola

For those that don't know, my best bud Christie and I were pregnant at the same time. Our due dates were only four weeks apart... she was due in mid November, and I am due in mid December. It was really awesome getting to share the experience with a friend. No, we weren't talented enough to plan it that way, it just happened.
This is the last picture of us before she had her baby. I was 35 weeks pregnant, and she was 39.



And then... after more than 24 hours of labor... and ultimately a c-section... Joshua Charles Mola was born on November 20, 2009 at 11:30 pm. He weighed... get this... 10 lbs, 6 oz, and was 22.5 inches long! I am so proud of Christie for being so strong through it all. Because of all the swine flu hype, the visitors rules are crazy at the hospital right now, so I couldn't be there, but we texted each other all day long, and Brian was able to post updates on Facebook. Thank goodness for technology! It was hard not being able to be there for her. But, we got there as soon as we could the next day and John and I both got to hold sweet Joshua, take some pictures to show everyone, and congratulate our friends. As an added bonus, I got to see the new private recovery rooms, since they aren't allowing tours through there right now.





Naturally, we were back again the next day, and I couldn't believe how much he had already changed. His skin was clearer and his color was different, as you can tell.


We introduced him to Jenna.

And while he was sleeping so soundly I took the opportunity to set him down in the boppy and unswaddle him enough to sneak a peek at those tiny fingers and toes... my favorite!



1 comment:

Bud & Mary said...

Precious Precious New borns, Gifts of God...
And soooo good looking too! :-)

I think you are ahead of Christie posting...

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0