Wednesday, October 29, 2008

99 Balloons

I don't watch Oprah. I never watch Oprah. Tonight, I stayed up late in the back room on the computer. The TV in the living room was on ABC from the last show I had watched. I could hear Oprah starting as I was finishing up and getting ready to go to bed. When I passed through the living room, I got sucked in. The show was about miracle children and I was hooked. They showed conjoined twins, a Katrina survivor, a boy with no legs. Every child overcame incredible odds to be extraordinary. It was awesome to see, but I am hard to sway. I can't remember the last time I cried over a movie or something on TV. (Excluding my pregnancy of course!) But I saw something on Oprah tonight that left me sobbing. I mean, totally beside myself. I can't even sleep now because I can't stop thinking about it, so I thought that maybe if I blog, that will help. Oprah showed a video that a viewer found on You Tube and wrote to her about. My warning...this is not for the faint of heart. You won't be the same after you see this.

This is a father reading letters he wrote to his son Eliot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica!!

I saw that show.....I think she had it on before...was it a re-run? I remember that movie/show about Elite.......Yep, this was a tear jerker.....I too, do not watch her like I used to.....just when she has Dr. Oz or something really good.....

Hugs to you!!

Powell Family said...

It makes me even more greatful for a healthy child. We've been blessed.

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0