Thursday, April 10, 2008

Squash!

Hold on a second. This doesn't taste like cereal. What's going on here?

Uh, I don't know what to do. Am I supposed to swallow this? I'm going to gag!


I think I'll just spit it out, it doesn't feel right.


Maybe if I pout, I can have cereal instead.


Hey Mom, what are you thinking? This stuff is all wrong, and you expect me to eat it? Just gimme some milk and let's call it a day.

Yeah, our first attempt at squash yesterday didn't go so well. I tried my best, but after a while that container still looked full and there was a lot on her bib. Poor thing. She spit out most of the bites and when she did try to swallow, it would make her gag. But she got a taste, and I guess you have to start somewhere. I was afraid that she was going to give us a hard time with vegetables, though. Then today, she had squash again. This time, she swallowed every single bite until it was gone. No gagging, no spitting. I actually took the bib and the container in the other room to show John. The bib only had one tiny spot on it that dripped from the bottom of the spoon. It was incredible. You would have never guessed that she seemed to either hate it or be totally confused by it yesterday. My girl catches on quickly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Kisses and hugs!! :-)

The Sandoval Family said...

don't ever give up on certain foods she doesn't seem to like the first few times. I think I have picky eaters now because i stopped offering them foods they didn't eat very well. Grrr. Cute pics!!

Brian M. Gulley said...

that second from the bottom is not a pout that is gag gag puke

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0