Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cereal!

Jules had her first cereal on Wednesday of last week. First, I'll let her tell you how it went down.
Okay Mom, I'm ready. Look how big I am in my high chair!

Let me check this thing out. Mommy says it's a "spoon". Looks like new, fun toy to me.


Hey, don't take away my new, fun toy!

Okay, whatever this is, it's yummy. I'm going to grab the whole bowl if it's the last thing I do!

Okay, I got the hang of it now, I can take over from here. Just let go of the spoon Mommy, and I'll finish this myself!

Oh! When I do this, it goes everywhere!

Julia's first feeding of cereal was interesting to say the least. The first serving was really runny, of course, to get her tummy used to it. It was hard to keep it on the tiny spoon. Not only that, she kept wanting to grab the bowl and the spoon, making it harder not to spill. She'd also lean forward into it sometimes. It was a riot. She did seem to like it though, and by the end she was getting better at swallowing instead of letting it run out of her mouth everywhere. The funny part was when she would try to blow bubbles in it or spit and it would spray everywhere!

After just a couple days, she got the routine down. She keeps her hands down now and doesn't grab at the spoon just because it's near her face. She opens her mouth for a bite and swallows better without spitting all over. I think she realizes now that it's food and not a toy or game. Plus, we've been making it thicker so it's more managable. Fun times. My baby is growing fast. I know it's psychological, but I could swear she feels a lot heavier now that she's eating food. (Yeah, like a week of eating a tablespoon of cereal in an ounce of milk a day has just packed on the pounds! You're crazy, Mommy!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I been waiting for this.....LOL.....How cute!!! Remember you form her taste buds....:-) Good foods equals good health in life....I loved seeing her pictures eating...Hugs!! Kiss her for me! :-)Thanks!!

Sam and Jen said...

She is so cute.

Followers

Counter

Music






Swidget 1.0